- Source code has been relocated to the GitHub account of the Open eHealth Foundation.
- Compatibility with the version 9.0 of the IHE ITI Framework which was published on August 31, 2012.
- Support for new IHE profiles, transactions and options:
- ITI-51 transaction "Multi-Patient Stored Query" — thanks to Michael Ottati!
- ITI-61 transaction and other supporting functionality for the On-Demand XDS Documents option.
- ITI-63 transaction from the Cross-Community Fetch profile (XCF).
- ITI-64 transaction from the XAD-PID Change Management profile.
- RAD-69 and RAD-75 transactions from the Radiology XCA-I profile — thanks to Clay Sebourn!
- Rudimentary support for extra XDS metadata in ITI-41 and ITI-42.
- Changes in the simplified XDS data model:
- API changes:
- Name is not a regular class any more. Its child classes XcnName or XpnName can be used instead.
- Attribute namespaceId of the class AssigningAuthority is deprecated and not considered any more in equals() and hashCode().
- boolean property returnLeafObjects of the class QueryRegistry was replaced with the enumeration-type property returnType.
- HL7 v2 field XON-3 is not used any more in Organization objects.
- HAPI objects are used as "data holders" where appropriate. Two types of rendering are supported thereby: static method render(xdsObject) of the class Hl7v2Based returns an XDS-compatible representation containing only the (sub-)components allowed in the IHE XDS specification, while the method rawRender(xdsObject) returns a representation containing all (sub-)components.
- Support for academic degrees in the classes Name/XcnName/XpnName.
- Support for telecommunication addresses in the classes Author and Recipient.
- Improved JAXB annotations — thanks to Michael Ottati!
- API changes:
- Changes in MLLP-based components:
- Changes in the Mapping Service:
- New boolean property ignoreResourceNotFound of the class BidiMappingService: when set to true, no exception will be thrown when a mapping script cannot be opened (the same approach as in the Spring properties loader).
- API change: methods setMappingScript()/setMappingScripts() of the class BidiMappingService do not call addMappingScript()/addMappingScripts() automatically any more. Therefore, their explicite invocations (e.g. in unit tests) should be either replaced with calls to add...() methods or complemented with a call to afterPropertiesSet().
- Support for CXF Features on all Web Service endpoints — thanks to Sridhar!
- Improved error handling in all eHealth components: Even when handled by user-defined routines, exceptions are correctly used for generation of transaction-specific error messages.
- Improved FlowManager message serialization — initFlow can now safely be used after a split(), which is configured with the default Camel UseOriginalAggregationStrategy.
- Compatibility with the IBM J9 Java Virtual Machine.
- Standard Camel exchange property Exchange.CHARSET_NAME is taken into account when translating between HL7v2 and HL7v3. When this property is not present, UTF-8 is used.
- IPF started to use the Lombok library, corresponding IDE plug-ins are required to work with IPF sources (for Eclipse: available in the Lombok distribution; for IntelliJ IDEA: look here)
- First steps (for developers with limited Camel and Groovy know-how)
- First details (for developers with advanced Camel and Groovy know-how)
- HL7 processing
- Reference application
- XDS tutorial
- Extension mechanism tutorial